Are you curious to learn more about INTP relationships?
In 1943, two spectacular women decided to create a personality test that would enable women to find the perfect job that suits them. This personality test is famously known as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator MBTI, and it was created by a lady by the name of Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers.
The MBTI personality test consists of 16 personality types of which are categorized into two cognitive functions. These two cognitive functions are rationality and irrationality. To understand cognitive functions better, the MBTI personality test describes rationality as thinking and feeling. Whereas irrationality denotes the idea of sensation and intuition.
When it comes to dating and romance, women with INTP relationships may find it quite useful to actually learn more about their personality type. So, what exactly is an INTP personality? and how can learning about an INTP personality help you with long-term relationships?
In general, INTP individuals are considered intellectual thinkers. People with this personality type are introverted innovators who use their creativity, analytic thinking, and originality to go beyond what is expected of them. INTP individuals are those that desire a thirst for knowledge and are often quite free-spirited.
If you’re INTP female, then you’ve probably been wondering, what does it mean to be an intuitive woman? This is perhaps one of the most commonly asked questions woman may have when it comes to understanding not only their INTP personality but how it may influence their life.
Intuitive thinking refers to this idea that a people who have this INTP personality have a unique ability to connect with others on an empathic level. Intuitive thinking often involves using logic and analytic thinking in order to make an informed decision. Not sure what this means? Let’s look at an example:
To be an intuitive thinker means that I as an individual am able to make the best, and most logical decision possible, without personal biases and emotions getting into the way. I thrive in an environment where I am able to think “outside the box”. I am a veterinarian, a doctor, a surgeon, or a scientist. I make decisions based on reason and do my best to not involve subjective emotions and feelings.
INTP-T vs INTP-A
A person can have one of two different types of INTP personalities—INTP-T and INTP-A. In general, the T in INTP-T would stand for “Turbulent”, while the A in INTP-A would stand for “Assertive”. So, when it comes to INTP relationships, these personality types can play a significant role in determining how you deal with dating.
INTP-T would suggest that you’re likely to be emotionally unbalanced and slightly unstable. Therefore, people who are INTP-T would have a tendency to get stressed more easily than others. In contrast, people who are INTP-A may be a little more extroverted than most other INTP people.
Individuals who are assertive often prefer to be straightforward, strong-willed and are thus less likely to face problems like stress and anxiety.
INTP Personality Traits
The INTP personality is one of the 16 personality types seen in individuals. According to the Myers-Briggs type indicator MTBI personality test, INTP stands for:
- Introvert (I)
- Intuition (N)
- Thinking (T)
- Perceiving (P)
Alright, so what does this mean? People who have an INTP personality often are introverted which means that these individuals are often quite soft-spoken people who much rather spend time alone reflecting on thoughts. An Individual who has an INTP personality will also have different ways of taking in information, and this is exactly what the Intuition aspect means. To be intuitive implies that people with this personality type see beyond their five senses and create new solutions. To be intuitive suggests that these individuals possess traits such as creativity, theoretical thinking, and imagination.
People with INTP personality types also tend to make decisions based on logical thinking. If you’re the kind of person who makes decisions based on logic, critical thinking, and objective analysis then this is a trait you can attribute to the INTP personality type. The last aspect of the INTP personality type refers to how you as an individual view the world around you, and how you’re able to deal with others. This is what the MBTI test refers to as perceiving, which suggests that these individuals prefer to live a life free from commitments.
As a general rule of thumb, an individual who has an INTP personality will be best suited to someone who has an extraverted personality. So, if you’re an INTP person, you’ll be best suited to people who have an ENFJ or an ENTJ personality. This is mainly because of the ENFJ personality intuitive and extraverted thinking, which allows and ENFJ individual to sense the emotions and feelings of a person who is INTP.
Now, if you’re unable to find your ENFJ personality type, then don’t worry! According to the Myers-Briggs test, INTPs can also form strong bonds and lasting relationships with individuals who have an INFJ personality type. Perhaps the main reason behind this pairing is because both individuals tend to share strong similarities and are often intellectual thinkers.
When it comes to dating, INTPs will have a lot to offer to their partners. If you’ve got an INTP partner or are looking to date a person with an INTP personality, then here are some amazing qualities they will have to offer.
- People who have an INTP personality are often quite content with themselves. They are the kind of person who will give you your personal space, yet know how to enjoy each moment they get to spend with you.
- INTPs are well known for their listening abilities. People who have the INTP trait are often introverted, quiet listeners who take in and appreciate the conversations they’ll have with you.
- If you’re looking to be with a creative, fun-loving, and imaginative person then an INTP person can definitely give you the whole package. Individuals of this personality trait are not only thinkers, but they are also dreamers.
People who have an INTP personality are most compatible with those that have the personality types ENTP, INTP, and INTJ. Nevertheless, a person who has an INTP personality type still has the potential of falling in love with an individual who may have an ESTJ, ISTJ, ESTP, ENTJ, ENFJ, INFJ, and ENFP personality type.
Not sure where you can take the INTP test? If you’re interested to find out what’s your personality type then have a look at these websites!
Female INTP personality types are without a doubt one of the most powerful, intelligent, and strong-minded women you’ll ever meet. INTP women tend to not only be great minds, but they also are individuals who are able to challenge the norm and use their imagination to create something new. Are you looking for some of the most influential female INTP personality types? Look no further than these amazing women.
1. Marie Curie: A woman who defied a world ruled by men! Marie Curie was the first woman who won a Noble prize for her outstanding work in nuclear physics. This INTP female became one of the most well-known scientists for her work in physics and chemistry.
2. Hannah Arendt: Hannah Arendt is another influential woman who had become well known for her work in political theory, and to top it all, she is also the author of 18 books.
3. Jane Austen: The novelist behind the award-winning the book—pride and prejudice. Jane Austen was—and still continues to be one of the most famous authors we know today.
4. J.K.Rowling: The creator of the infamous Harry Potter series, JK Rowling is truly one extraordinary woman.
5. Meryl Streep: She’s one of the most powerful women in Hollywood! Meryl Streep is not only known for her amazing acting skills but also her activist acts.
Nothing best describes people with the INTP personality as reserved, reasonable, and logical thinkers. So, it’s no doubt that some of the greatest minds on our planet possess that INTP personality. Here, we’ve listed some of the most famous INTPs who have been gifted their introverted thinking ability.
1. Albert Einstein: First on our list is none other than Albert Einstein, who is not necessarily a “celebrity” per se but has become one of the most popular and well-known scientists of the century.
2. Bill Gates: Perhaps most famously known for creating Microsoft, Bill Gates is a clear example of what an INTP person can be—that is an innovator.
3. Charles Darwin: He’s not so much a famous celebrity like the Kardashians, But, he’s truly a celebrity within the science community. Charles Darwin is a great example of an “out of the box” thinker, as he can be credited for explaining the theory of evolution by natural selection.
Innovators, Thinkers, and Dreamers!
Intelligent, logical, and confident—the INTP personality type is truly one of the strongest personalities among the Briggs Myers’ personality type theory. The INTP personality type has a strong emphasis on self-assurance and philosophical thinking. A relationship with an INTP individual will be nothing but fun, adventure, and charm that’s sure to keep you on your feet.