The idea of being born under a certain sign is not new. However, what is gaining attention right now is the idea of Indigo Children who have now become Indigo Adults. These people are considered to have been born with an indigo life aura. You are probably asking the question “What are Indigo Adults?”. Where did this concept come from? What are the characteristics of being an indigo? These are all questions that will be answered in the following post!
What are Indigo Adults?
Indigo adults are those who are classified as creative, rebellious and intelligent souls. Many people use the term Starseeds when describing an indigo adult. A Starseed is thought to be a person with an ancient soul that may or may not have come from this galaxy. Interestingly, most Starseed or indigo children were born in the 1980’s and in the early 1990’s.
As a child, indigo adults often feel as though they are out of place. They may feel as though their own family does not understand them. And they may even show signs of having a hard time dealing with what society feels are the societal norms. Many believers that hold on to this idea state that this is because the soul is so ancient, it has a hard time adjusting to what is considered normal by today’s societal means. Their aura color is often blue, a vibrant blue, when they are younger.
It is believed that indigo children are put onto this Earth to make it better. Many people believe that Indigo adults are going to be the ones who lead society into a peaceful way of life, who will end war, poverty and other major issues. In fact, many people are putting their faith into the good that those with this aura are going to bring to the world.
Indigo Adults Characteristics
There are several characteristics that an indigo adult, and even indigo children, display that showcases their indigo souls. These characteristics include the following:
- They are intelligent people, though they may not have had the best grades while in school.
- They are creative people.
- They often question everything with WHY, especially when they are asked to do something.
- They are often discouraged with repetitive tasks such as those that are seen in schools.
- They may have had the desire to rebel while in school, or maybe even did so against authority.
- They often deal with signs of depression earlier in life than those who are considered non-indigo children. For school age indigo children, it is not uncommon for them to have feelings of suicide before they enter high school.
- They often have a difficult time in a service-orientated job since they often have an issue with authority.
- They prefer to work in a leadership position or alone, rather than in teams.
- They do not tolerate stupid actions from others. Though, they do have a deep empathy for others around them.
- Emotions are often at a high, making them incredibly sensitive or they may not show any emotion at all. There is often no middle ground when it comes to the emotions they are dealing with.
- These people often feel responsible for humankind.
- Indigo adults often adopt auto-destructive behaviors such as alcohol, drugs, and the like when they are not living their true purpose.
- Naturally can detect lies from others. They have strong intuition when it comes to several situations, which is why they can often tell when a person is lying.
- They have a burning desire to change the world for the better.
- Indigo adults often have psychic experiences such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, have an out of body experience or hear voices. They may also have memories from the past, one of their other lives that they lived.
- They may have a sensitivity to electricity. For instance, their watch may not work, lights might blow out when they are around, and the like.
- Can be sensitive to certain foods like red meat, sugars and processed foods.
- Often feel rage towards the government as they feel it is broken. This can extend to any type of political, educational, or the like sector.
- As an indigo child, they are often diagnosed with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or attention-deficit disorder (ADD).
- Indigo adults often get in their own way when it comes to the goals that they have in life. This is their biggest weakness. They may become caught up in victim mode due to taking things so personal. This is a weakness that many people spend their entire lives trying to fight against and overcome.
There are also physical characteristics that can be seen in children and adults who are considered Indigo. These characteristics include:
- Their eyes are often green or blue. Their eyes may become more intense as they get older, giving a feel that they glow almost like the blue sky.
- The eyes are also often deep set into the face and just have a wise feel to them.
- Often the person has light coloring. This can mean blonde hair, or even darker hair with a few lighter streaks in this. It can be seen in the skin as well. Those Indigo adults may find that their skin becomes lighter as they age.
- Many indigo adults do have some type of illness that they are dealing with. There are even more of these Indigo adults who experience a disability of some sort. However, this is not a characteristic that is a must be considered an Indigo adult.
How do you know that you are or someone close to you is an indigo adult? There are several questions that you can ask yourself or answer for someone else that you are close to. These questions are:
- Do you seem wise for your age? If you are often told that you are wise beyond your years, this can be a good indicator that you may be an indigo adult.
- Do you enjoy doing creative activities? For example, do you love to write music, draw, or do another artwork?
- Do you have psychic abilities or a great intuition?
- Do you want to make the world a better place?
- Are you rather introverted? If yes, does this introversion cease when you are around other indigo adults?
- Do you always have a better way of doing things than what is outlined to you?
- Do you have trouble responding to authority? Do you often feel as though you are fighting against authority figures?
- Do you naturally feel superior to those who are around you?
- Are you what would be considered a nature enthusiast? Do you feel at home around nature, plants and animals and prefer to spend your time in nature?
If you can answer yes to most of these questions, chances are you are considered an indigo child or indigo adult.
Where do you go from here? Once you have been diagnosed as an indigo adult, it is up to you on where you go from here. For many people, simply finding out why they are the way they are is enough to give them satisfaction in life. They now know that there is nothing wrong with them, despite what many children with these traits are told while growing up. Unfortunately, they are often told that they are loners with mental issues that prohibit them from acting like normal kids.
For others, once they realize that they are an indigo adult, they tend to foster these traits even more. They may take up meditation or some other form of relaxation to truly open themselves up to the world that is beyond their physical world. They will look for various ways in which they can live up to their true potential. How can you do this? Start by looking at yourself and truly examining the inner workings of your mind. Find out what you want out of life and then go for it.
Understanding the characteristics of an indigo adult really helps many people truly understand why they are the way they are. Many people go through their lives not understanding why they feel alone or strange. They do not understand why people look at them as though they are weird. It can help to know that you were born this way and it is something to be proud of. Indigo adults are rare, and if you are one of these people then you should not feel as though you must fit the mold as to what people think is normal. Everyone has those little quirks that make them different, however, that which sets apart an indigo adult may contribute to a brighter future!