My name is Vivian Ferrer Delgado and I am a Bilingual (Spanish/English) Licensed Psychologist in Puerto Rico. I fell in love with psychology early in life and since then, I knew I wanted to become a psychologist. For me its simple: the power of change is within ourselves, sometimes we only need guidance to find it. My goal as a therapist is to provide people with tools that will help them live a healthier, and happier life as well as being the best version of themselves.
For the past 5 years, I had the opportunity to work in different work settings which had open my interest and has pushed me to become a better professional. I have spent a great deal of my career working with adolescents in group homes, in schools, and with their families. Also, I worked in the medical field with chronic disease patients with underline emotional issues that in many cases complicated their diseases. In the other hand, in the private practice, I have worked with people with cognitive problems. Last year, I had the opportunity to be part of something amazing and had the most rewarding experience. When Hurricane Maria hit the island I joined the America Red Cross to be part of the Mental Health Volunteers Team that was supporting the victims. I had the blessing to be a part of a great team of professionals and served, visited, supported and helped the people in need. In those moments is when I realized how resilient and adaptable people can be even under the worst conditions. That I would say is the most beautiful personal and professional experience I ever had.
When working with clients, I believe in empowering the client and guide them to find their own journey and their own answers. I understand that life can be difficult and I could help them navigate through tough times.
As a professional, I only use evidence-based treatment to assist the clients and ensures their wellbeing. Here are some of the areas in which I could offer counseling:
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Depression
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Anxiety
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Trauma
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Cognitive rehabilitation
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Learning and behavioral problems.
- Evidence based treatment therapy for Adjusting to Change/Life Transitions.
- Disaster relief Psychological First Aid.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Reality Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Person Centered Therapy
License Number: Puerto Rico 4112
Click Below to Match with a